Friday, October 14, 2011

Hay bales in Chester and paintwork in The Monastery

All in a weekend.  Yep, we've been busy today preparing for Sunday when you'll be able to come a see what we're all about.  I shan't be splitting myself in two, that would be gory.  I leave that to the people who write movies that make you jump.  I'll be at The Monastery and in Chester, you'll get the opportunity to meet the lovely Eleanor. 

Both schemes will be different.  At The Monastery (my great friend Katy took the picture of the ballerina you see below) we'll be going all rustic reds and ivories (including scented roses....sniffing them on the day is encouraged) inspired by the original paintwork at the alter.  In Chester, we've gone for a barn dance feel.  There's even going to be a hay bale.  Expect a riot of autumn oranges mixed with cheery colour, dahlias (one of my favourites), wicker hearts and twiggy wreaths.  Some of the things on the stand are for sale, but that would be telling.

Not sure what I'm going to do with a hay bale come Monday morning.  This is a mystery that I'm sure will be more solvable that trying to fathom why Steps are reforming.  Answers on a postcard please.

Laura x


The Vintage Wedding Fair LogoChester Guildhall
Watergate Street
Chester
CH1 2LA
11pm-4pm Entry £4 on the Door

No comments: