Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A wedding south of Macclesfield and a car called Coral

I do love the spirit of a bank holiday.  Everyone's excited.  The weather is a hot topic. I start to be concerned for the welfare of those sleeping under canvas during a thunder storm and I get a trip to Conwy.

For those that are in the know, I'm originally from sunny Hampshire.  Southampton was the nearest big place to go shopping and it's fairly near Stonehenge I suppose.  My family all live that way.  It means that when they holiday, they come to Wales.  Me and the hubbie were invited on the holiday.  We wedged in a three day break between weddings.  It rained.  Alot.  We don't care about these things.  Rain just means that we barbequed under an umbrella, kept the farmhouse warm with a roaring log fire, put on raincoats to take my Aunts dog for a walk, went to a lot of lovely country pubs, ate out at the Groes Inn and stayed in and played Scrabble.  It's my new favourite game.  24 was my highest score in one go.  Not bad.

It occured to me in the car on the way home that I'd not written about the wedding near Bristol.  It was a lovely one indeed. I decamped to my Nanny and Grandad's house and worked from the workshop in the barn.  It was lovely.  Water vessels were posher than when I'm here.  The floral pottery jugs are lucky to still be in my Grandmother's possession.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the World my cousin Daisy bought a car.  It's new name is Coral.

Laura x





 



The brides friend handpainted each of the teapots.  As a thank you gift, the bride gave me Brimstone.  It's in my kitchen.

Tea pots brimming.  I love tea.  I love flowers.  I love teapots.

Close up of the bouquets.  Anenome, pittosporum and double price tulips to name but a few.

A pretty welcome to a beautiful church.  The verger really liked this one. I exchanged some tulips for the heating to be put on.  It was super cold in the Church!

No comments: